Saturday, July 23, 2011

Emma's Cabinet

"Beauty in things exist in the mind which contemplates them."
                                   ~David Hume

    I was wandering around the other day with my camera in hand and happened to stroll into my sister's room. I've told you a little bit about it before - she loves color and bright flowers, books, books, and more books, and everything that has a rich or dark patina. Her china cabinet holds all of the bits and pieces of brightly colored china and glass that she loves. I took a couple pictures and then found myself taking more and more as the colors against the darkness of the wood turned out so lovely! She of course was there to supervise me and has been asking ever since when I would post the pictures - so here they are! I hope you like this little glimpse into Emma's cabinet...



















Drawing by Jennelise
(A really OLD drawing but it is one of Emma's favorites)

6 comments:

  1. The drawing is just gorgeous, love all the beauty you post...very uplifting.
    xxx DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that drawing too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou! Emma does have a pretty collection! - I was surprised when I saw it! The drawing is at least six years old :) but some of my old drawings are still very special to me and my family and I like to look at them. Thankyou for your compliments they mean so much to me!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou! I love the way she has arranged everything. :)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete