Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Dreams

"The days may come, the days may go,
But still the hands of memory weave
The blissful dreams of long ago."
              ~George Cooper 1877

    Today was the last day of August and I found myself wishing that it would never end. It isn't that I don't like fall or that I expect that tomorrow summer will be gone for good - I have just loved summer this year and really would rather it stayed an extra month! Instead the leaves are starting to change colors already. Oh well - here are a few pictures I have taken in tribute of beautiful summer...I hope you like them and I want to say thankyou for all of the sweet comments about my bedroom post. You are all so lovely!
















                                                              Drawing by Jennelise

4 comments:

  1. Mmm strawberries! Well it is our first day of Spring here in Oz, I cannot wait for the warmer days that will follow...so I understand your sentiments.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...beautiful ;)

    Deb @ Garden Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by so I could find you. I completely understand what you mean about wanting summer to last a bit longer. So do I! Here in Southern California we are fortunate to have warm weather last a bit longer but I would love to extend the season even further. I love summer days and evenings.
    You have a lovely blog. Your photos and drawings are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I was in Southern California RIGHT NOW! That would be a dream! Thankyou so much for stopping by and thankyou to everyone for your comments. I love hearing from you!!!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete