Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Christmas Treasures

"I like days
when feathers are snowing,
and all the caves
have petticoats showing,
and the air is cold,
and the wires are humming,
but you feel all warm...
with Christmas coming!"
               ~Aileen Fisher

   I can't believe how close Christmas is! I finally finished my shopping on monday - the latest I have ever been! The other night I was with my family and we were talking about Christmas memories and all of the things that we have loved over the years.-- I remembered sled rides at night when the air was so snowy and cold that my fingers in their gloves stung. Even with the cold it still felt magical - the horse pulling us all down the path through trees, the dark sky above, and the promise of hot chocolate when we reached our destination. I remembered the Christmas I asked for one very special doll and then spent the month of December counting down the days with desperate excitement - measuring presents to see if she might be there! I remembered Christmas breakfasts and suppers, trips to the Nativity pageant, parties and get togethers, carols sang at church, and so much more! Just talking about all of these wonderful memories made me so excited for this weekend! Every Christmas is different and some traditions change and evolve over the years, but that magic feeling never goes away. I still feel like a child at Christmas and the thing that I love the most remains the same - my family.
The pictures I have taken for you today are a little random - they are of all of my personal Christmas treasures that I have displayed in my room. The stocking near the end is my favorite - I added the lace, ribbons, and the rose (from Meadow Street). My Mum requested a drawing of a Pink Christmas Tree! I hope you like everything and have a Merry Merry Christmas!

I am linking to Primp Your Stuff Wednesday and What's It Wednesday!
























                                    Drawing by Jennelise

16 comments:

  1. I just love it!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about all of your Christmas memories! Your photos are just beautiful, and I love the little porcelain boxes and the gorgeous pink stocking! That is one of the most beautiful stockings I have ever seen!! The new drawing of the Victorian Christmas tree is my favorite - I just love your Artwork.

    Wishing you a magical and merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Sumptuous drawing and text. I read also very carefully your christmas memories. So tender ....
    Bien Heureux Noël Jennelise à vous et votre maman ainsi qu'à toute votre famille.  ☆☆☆☆☆☆

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennelise,
    Your decorations look absolutely beautiful, and they are displayed with such creativity. I love how the pearl garland drapes over the mirror, and the touch of red roses, oh my...makes it look so elegant. I have been scrolling down and looking at all your decorations and ideas, and I have to say, I wish you could decorate my home too! Merry Christmas to you, sweet friend. I hope your holiday is filled with peace and joy. Oh, and your childhood stories you talked about were wonderful. I have always wanted to take a horse and sleigh ride on a snowy winter's night.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I've just discovered your beautiful blog, and I'm crazy in love with all your amazing eye-candy!! Gorgeous photos....and gorgeous pinks!

    And your drawings are Stunning! I'm absolutely in awe.

    Thanks for sharing...and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas memories and so many wonderful pretties. Thanks for visiting, I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou so much for your kind wishes and compliments! It is so nice to hear from all of you and I am very touched by your words. I am so glad that you enjoyed the photos and my memories :) I don't mind having pictures pinned on pinterest. VERY soon I will have my etsy store up and running with prints for sale! Thankyou again and MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas decorations and your illustration is gorgeous:)
    So lovely to have cherished family memories, wishing you many many more.
    Merry Christmas,
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWEEEEEE, Another amazing post, I just love to visit your gorgeous blog for a good dose of eye candy :) your pictures are just stunning :)

    Wishing you the Merriest of Christmas's :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jenny I'm oohing and aahhhhhing my little heart out! It's sooo beautiful in your room! And that stocking is sublime! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your beautiful blog through Ivy & Elephants. All of your photos are gorgeous! The drawning of the pink Christmas tree is outstanding! Am your newest follower. So happy to have found your blog. Happy New Year to you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping on over from What's It Wednesday - love your decor!!! It's all so very lovely!!! :) I already follow your beautiful blog, so I am not surprised that you were featured - just amazing!!! :) Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    acozycottageinthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beauty! Your photography is incredible.

    Blessings for your New Year, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I love it all! But that pink boot stocking, Is amazing. Hugs and Happy New Year! P.S> please stop by Katherines Corner and add your lovely blog to my blog list page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG that stocking is to die for gorgeous,where can I buy one,beautiful photos very inspiring

    ReplyDelete