Sunday, December 4, 2011

Red Roses

"When we recall Christmas past, we usually find
that the simplest things - not the great occasions -
give off the greatest glow of happiness."
                ~Bob Hope

   Even though I have been thinking about Christmas, planning and bringing out the decorations one by one, it still feels like the season has suddenly appeared out of nowhere! Only three weeks until the day! I love everything about Christmas - the frenzy and preparation, the company-filled evenings, the Christmas shopping and the nights when you collapse exhausted on the couch afterwards with energy enough just to sit and watch a Holiday movie. I love the food (I REALLY love the food) and the decorations, the lights on trees and houses, the happy, lingering feeling of excitement left over from so many childhood Christmases. I think Christmas for me will always be magical! Today I wanted to show you a few of my Christmas treasures. My Mum loves pale colors at Christmas - soft pink and green, pale gold, silver, cream and ivory. Those are her favorite colors and I love them too! - But I also love red at Christmas and sparkling gold! These three boxes are from my own Christmas collection and I love, love, love them- mostly because my Mum made them and gave them to me! They are absolutely gorgeous and I have them displayed in my room right now. I am joining in three blog parties today Seasonal Sunday, Sundae Scoop, and Amaze Me Monday. I have also included a new drawing inspired by my Christmas boxes!

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!! I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE IT!!! Thankyou so much for visiting me this year! It has been lovely getting to know you and I look forward to a hundred more posts and kind thoughts from my new friends! I would love to hear which post out of the hundred has been your personal favorite! The first three people to let me know in a comment will get a little present in the mail!
















                          Drawing by Jennelise

13 comments:

  1. Those are the most stunning boxes I've ever seen! Just gorgeous. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennelise!

    You have such a wonderful assortment of ornaments & treasures! This is my first visit to your site, and I'm glad to have found you through your visit to my blog. I have enjoyed my visit & am now following along. Hope to be able to get to know you through your posts here in blog land! :) Take care and have a great night!

    Hugs,
    Jessie

    A Cozy Cottage in the City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th post...beautiful roses!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post. I haven't seen all of your posts, but I'm loving this post a lot. Your mum is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your drawings. Do you sell them. Love the last one of the box with the rose on top. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post. I'm so glad that you came by my blog and left such a nice commment.
    I'm following your blog now and will be back often. Your creations are beautiful.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on number 100! Lovely drawing, Jennelise...as always.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that red rose made my heart sing! Those little boxes are beautiful, and so unique. Glad I came by to visit..I would have missed that beautiful rose.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for your lovely words everyone! I will pass the compliments about the box on to my Mum - I know she will appreciate them! Thankyou so much for visiting! Stay tuned for my etsy store where I will sell my artwork - it won't be long now!:)
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my these are just so yummy!!! where can I purchase one :)


    xo~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luscious and beautiful.... over-the-top decandence that screams "holidays!" Love them! Both the "real thing" and your art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww they're really beautiful Jennilise. All the more so because your mother made them for you. I agree your mom is very talented and the apple obviously didn't fall far from the tree *winks* As for my favorite post it's the one featuring my blog....Not because I'm vain (I love all your other posts too) but because that's how I found you in the first place and your blog has quickly become one of my absolute favorites. A haven for romantic beauty! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your 100th post. Awesome. The boxes are lovely valentine like gifts. Love the pearls and glitter roses. Thanks for posting. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete