Monday, December 7, 2015

Season of Roses and Gold

"God gave us memory so we 
might have roses in December"
                   ~James Barrie

   My Christmas decorations don't change very much from year to year. In the snowy winter wonderland of a Canadian Christmas there is very little pastel to be had in the shops. There is a lot of red and green, gold and silver, and every other primary colour out there! Don't misunderstand I absolutely adore it when the Christmas displays start popping up everywhere. I wouldn't have a shop full of vintage things if I didn't enjoy the hunt! Each year I add one or two pretty things to my Christmas menagerie and I also love to do handmade pieces like the ribbon flower trees that I created this year. The ornaments that I have had for years though are my favourites and it is always exciting to rediscover them every Christmas. The vintage silver tree with German ornaments in blush always fills me with nostalgia. My Mum bought those ornaments when I was a little girl! My favourite beaded stocking with a handmade french silk flower, pearl ornaments, and pink tussie mussie are also old favourites. I found beautiful pink sparkly roses this December and have displayed them on my Florentine nesting tables (another spectacular find! I'm on a roll!). No matter what my Christmas decor is always soft, pastel, with a touch of rose and gold...























I am sharing with:

10 comments:

  1. How delightful Jennelise! I love your pastels. They are definitely swoonworthy! Thanks for stopping by.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Always Jennelise...So Beautiful in every way!! We never tire of your Beautiful Things...You are a Beautiful inspiration, in all that you do! Thank you for all your Beautiful posts!!! Hugs to you...and Happy Holidays too!!!

    Love,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful sherbet wonderland! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks beautiful for the holidays....I love your nesting tables simply gorgeous....I say you are definitely on a roll....lol.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post, your Christmas tree is truly gorgeous. l also love your gold and white packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you make the beautiful roses that you use in your lovely designs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you make the beautiful roses that you use in your lovely designs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors. So soothing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at this week's Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash! http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/12/make-it-pretty-monday-week-161.html I hope your week is merry and bright! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete