Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Inspiration in Ivory

"Now that the winter's gone, the earth hath lost
Her snow-white robes, and now no more the frost
Candies the grass, or casts an icy cream
Upon the silver lake or crystal stream;
But the warm sun thaws the benumbed earth
And makes it tender..."
                    ~Thomas Carew, The Spring


   I love pale colours. I will have warmer hues in my home but the backdrop must always be pale and soft. I had white furniture growing up and I loved the lightness that it brought to my room. As I matured though I wanted something warmer and  I turned to natural woods and antique finishes, but over the years I began to feel that everything felt very heavy and I needed a change. Did I return to white? No! I began a love affair with cream. It is still my favourite and probably will be forever I think! Softer and lighter than wood tones but warmer than white. I was taking random photographs with a clear idea in mind for a post today and when I loaded them onto my computer I realized just how many of them were pale and ivory and my idea morphed from one of colour and contrast to a simpler palette. I hope you enjoy these pictures of my inspiration in ivory... 











2 comments:

  1. l love this pale and pretty post Jennelise, and Thomas's beautiful ode to Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the touches of gold with the ivory! Soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete