Monday, November 14, 2016

Christmas Whimsy

"Never worry about the
size of your Christmas tree.
In the eyes of children, they
are all 30 feet tall."
         ~Larry Wilde,
          The Merry Book of Christmas

   I don't know where the year is going! December is fast approaching and for the first time ever I feel a little like I am playing catch up! (That is most unlike me since I am one of those irritating people who likes to have everything planned and ready before the holiday month even begins!). I'm sorry I haven't posted recently but I have been quite sick with the flu. I am all better now and have been unboxing my Christmas things slowly and enjoying seeing all of the beautiful decor appearing in the shops. My mood is a little whimsical this year and nostalgic for childhood. Some would say that Christmas is made for children and I definitely feel that sense of magic and wonder when this time of year rolls around. I thought I would take some photos for you of a few things my sister and I have brought home lately from children's shops (she has a little girl so she has an excuse - I'm just a kid at heart!) I bought the gorgeous tulle fairy dress from Pottery Barn Kids and added my own little touches to it. The little kitty doll also came home with me from there and I fancied her a bit with flowers, ribbons, and jewels. The sweet house boxes are from Gold Frankincense Myrrh and they are just adorable! The fluffy reindeer doll was a find from Papyrus and the pink doll furniture came from a local gift shop. I am hard at work right now on Christmas decor for my Etsy shop so I hope you will keep checking there for things to arrive! 

  
















6 comments:

  1. I am just smitten with all the sweet little girl beauty I see here. Just darling, Jennelise. So so so cute. I can usually spot a 'favorite' right away. Not this time- they are all favorites. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweetheart Diana! Thankyou!! :)
      Jennelise xo

      Delete
  2. Can I just stay here all day Jennelise?!!! I love your beautiful pink touches around your home for Christmas. I imagine your home to have a sense of magic about it everyday of the year!
    So sorry to hear you've been sick sweetie. Maybe now though, it will be smooth sailing for you. I sure hope so!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much June! You are so kind! I am feeling much better. :) It's true there are definitely touches of pink in my house for every season! I hope you are doing well my friend!
      Jennelise xo

      Delete